Just for kicks I took pictures of almost every step of Cheryl's appointment with us so that you can see the difference a personalized curly cut by OlyCurl can make!
When you sit in our chairs, we will first spend some time talking about your current hair routine, products, desires, etc. Then we will discuss ingredients to avoid and what you want to look for in order to keep your curls looking their best. We walk you through every step of the way, doing a lot of explaining, so that you can feel confident in styling your own hair at home.
1. This is how she was asked to show up to her appointment: Washed and air-dried or diffuse-dried, whatever products she normally uses, and no hair ties or barrettes of any kind. We want to see your hair in its best state that you can manage.
2. We cut the hair curl by individual curl, sometimes lightly misting with a conditioning lavender spray to encourage the curls. Curly Hair Specialists have been trained in this art form, which is not taught in Beauty Schools, and we are fortunate to be counted among the best of the best in the Curly Hair Artistry.
3. After cutting, we take a step back to check symmetry and to make sure the sides and weightline are even. Often we will use my camera to check the cut as well, as discrepancies can sometimes become more apparent 2-dimensionally!
4. After the hair is cleansed and hydrated; products are applied, and roots are clipped, the hair is dried using either the diffuser, the hooded dryer (when was the last time you sat under one of those?!), or both.
5. You can see the gel cast in this picture, when the hair is completely dried, and before breaking it.
6. After a fluff and scrunch, you have the final "do"; and we also may do some last-minute snips here and there.
7. Lastly, we go over your custom curl prescription that we have written down for you so that you can duplicate these results at home! We review step-by-step everything we explained while we were washing and styling your curls. Repetition is such a good aid for memory!
Hopefully that takes some of the fear out of your first appointment! Now go on over to the new client page and book yourself in! We look forward to meeting you!
Follow us on Facebook to get more exciting info and links from my fellow Curly Hair Artistry Colleagues!
As members of CHA (Curly Hair Artistry) and your local curly hair specialists, we welcome you to learn along with us!