Our One-Year Anniversary of being in business will soon be upon us and I have some very exciting news to share with all of you! To celebrate, I am creating a fundraising event for Keep a Child Alive. We are going to be partnering with Lorraine Massey, author of Curly Girl: the Handbook, and hope to raise as much funds as possible. 100% of the proceeds from this event will be going to KCA. You can read here about Lorraine's involvement with KCA.
How can you be involved?
1. We are holding an online auction with the opportunity to bid on custom curl-by-curl haircuts with the Original Curly Girl, Lorraine Massey. You can take a look at the auction here. One appointment slot will be offered up each week, starting and ending on Sunday. No credit card is needed in order to bid and winners will be announced on my Facebook page and you will be contacted with instructions for payment/donation. Lorraine is donating her time for this event, and again, 100% of the proceeds will be going to KCA. Donations can be made at any time at Lorraine's KCA fundraising page.
2. We need auction donations! YOU can also be a partner with us with your donation! I am currently researching online auction venues, to be set up shortly. Please be as creative as you need to with things you have to offer such as:
As you can see, there are so many ways we can all be involved and the more you can think outside the box the more fun this can be!
3. Would you like to help in the planning of this event? There are several ways we can put you to work! Off the top of my head, I need flyers made, people visiting downtown to spread the word to local businesses to see if they would like to donate to this cause, someone to take on the auction portion for me, an awesome door greeter on the day of the Cut-A-Thon (a Sunday in July, date tbd). I can think of more ways you can help once my brain starts kicking in high gear!
4. Are you a visionary? Do you have past experience with fundraising? I would love your collaboration! I work full time behind the chair and am working on this event on my off time so I would greatly appreciate any help I can get!
5. SHARE this news! You can share from Facebook, tell your friends, share share share! Whenever I post a newly-procured item, you can share our auction page. You can share about the Cut-A-Thon. Tell everyone you know! The success of this event completely hinges on getting the word out.
Lastly, please make sure to follow me on Facebook, or check in regularly, as all my posts may not show up on your newsfeed (thanks to FB algorithms). I will be posting there all the latest and greatest about this event so keep your eyeballs peeled!
Thank you so much for your business this past year, and before that too! I certainly appreciate the love and support as I simply work my passion with your waves and curls!
When curly girls come in for their first visit, we cover a lot of ground. It can be a little overwhelming so sometimes I send them off with homework! Usually it is "buy this book", "check out this video" or "read this blog", and hopefully some of you do just that!
My CHA friend, Brianne Prince has written a wonderful blog post on Plopping! She shares great information on why to plop, what to use when plopping, how to plop, and when to plop. It will be so worth your time to check it out. BUT WAIT! If you go there now, you will also get to view a video tutorial on plopping as well! Absolutely free! Why wouldn't you? Do it and then go plop yourself!
Click here to see her post!
As members of CHA (Curly Hair Artistry) and your local curly hair specialists, we welcome you to learn along with us!